Thursday, 7 January 2016

Becoming Juventus player has changed my mentality - Dybala


Paulo Dybala says becoming a Juventus player has
changed his mentality and approach to football.

The 22-year-old struck a brilliant free-kick as the champions
extended their winning run to eight Serie A games with a 3-0
home victory over Verona on Wednesday.

Dybala has now scored 11 goals in his first season in Turin
and he has credited his impressive start to life with the
Italian champions to a more mature mindset.

"When I arrived here, I altered my approach, understanding
that to have a strong character means everything," he told
reporters. "For example, if I lose possession of the ball, I try
my utmost to win it back.

"I don't consider myself one of the leaders, as there are so
many important and experienced players around, but
wearing this shirt comes with a great responsibility and I feel
that I've matured here.

"We always need to work for one another, as we did today. It
was useful to break the deadlock early on and, after the
second goal, we were pretty comfortable before
Simone [Zaza] put the game to bed with our third goal."

Dybala admits that regular free-kick contests in training
have helped him to sharpen his dead-balls skills.

"Looking back at it, I have to admit that I caught the ball
well," he reflected. "The keeper wasn't able to get across in
time.

"We've been practicing dead-ball situations a lot in training
and even have competitions to see who's the most
accurate. I've still not won one of these, but I'm delighted to
have scored today."

Juventus remain three points behind Inter in Serie A after
the league leaders beat Empoli 1-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment