Olimpija owner Milan Mandaric says he will not offer his
vacant manager's job to Harry Redknapp because it would
be too much of a risk.
Redknapp, 68, left QPR in February but had been linked with
a surprise route back into coaching with the Slovenian club.
Mandaric previously owned Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester
City and, most notably, Portsmouth, where he enjoyed an FA
Cup victory while Redknapp was manager.
"I know that recently there has been widely publicised talk
about the arrival of my good friend and former colleague at
Portsmouth, Harry Redknapp," Mandaric said.
"I assure you that there is nothing in this, because we
cannot afford too much risk.
"At the moment, Olimpia need someone to be able to very
quickly adapt to the Slovenian football environment and
culture."
vacant manager's job to Harry Redknapp because it would
be too much of a risk.
Redknapp, 68, left QPR in February but had been linked with
a surprise route back into coaching with the Slovenian club.
Mandaric previously owned Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester
City and, most notably, Portsmouth, where he enjoyed an FA
Cup victory while Redknapp was manager.
"I know that recently there has been widely publicised talk
about the arrival of my good friend and former colleague at
Portsmouth, Harry Redknapp," Mandaric said.
"I assure you that there is nothing in this, because we
cannot afford too much risk.
"At the moment, Olimpia need someone to be able to very
quickly adapt to the Slovenian football environment and
culture."


No comments:
Post a Comment