Thursday, 7 January 2016

Neymar is the natural heir to replace Messi - Henry


Thierry Henry believes it is imperative that Barcelona hang
onto Neymar because he is the natural heir to Lionel Messi
when the Argentine eventually leaves Camp Nou.

Neymar was heavily linked with a move to Manchester
United over the summer and the rumours have refused to
die down during an excellent 2015-16 campaign in which the Brazilian has scored 14 goals in La Liga.

But Henry believes he is the player most able to step into
Messi’s boots when the four-time Ballon d’Or winner
departs, saying his plays football the right way.

“It’s important for the players, the club, the fans, and
everyone knows it’s important for Neymar to stay,” he told
Barcelona’s official website.

“Everyone knows that one day – we don’t know when – Leo
won’t be there. Brazilians play with a smile on their faces,
they invent things and they’re Brazilian, that’s what people
want to enjoy.”

Henry claimed it would be madness if Messi did not beat
Neymar to the Ballon d’Or next week but also revealed that
the Argentine star is not the best player he has ever played
with.

“The best player that I played with? I would say Dennis
Bergkamp,” Henry continued.

“To me it’s Bergkamp, because of the years that he did it
and what he did. But I say Bergkamp because he was
human. Leo, at times I think, really seriously, I ask myself if
he’s human.

“You can’t really explain what Leo is doing. You just have to
admire it and enjoy it, because what he is doing is just not
normal.

“Before when you score 23-25 goals in a season, everyone
said that you were an incredible striker. But Leo does that in
three months.”

No comments:

Post a Comment