West Ham striker Andy Carroll is relishing playing his
part with Slaven Bilic's high flyers after making his
first start of the season.
Andy Carroll was pleased to take a significant step in his return
to fitness as West Ham went down 2-1 to Leicester City in the
League Cup.
Slaven Bilic's in-form team were unable to follow up stunning
away Premier League victories at Arsenal, Liverpool and
Manchester City with victory at the King Power Stadium as
Andy King netted a last-gasp winner in extra time.
But the night was a success for Carroll, who played for more
than an hour on his first start since suffering a knee injury in
February.
The England striker told West Ham's official website: "Obviously
we’re disappointed with the result, but to get 60 minutes under
my belt was good.
"I didn't get on against Manchester City and only had two
minutes against Newcastle, so an hour is good and I feel
fantastic.
"I felt good before I went out there. I've been training well and
trying to get as fit as I can. I've been raring to start and was
itching to get on last week as well, so it was pleasing to start at
Leicester."
West Ham are riding high in third place in the Premier League
and Carroll is relishing further involvement as they look to build
on an encouraging start to life under Bilic.
"We're a great team at the minute and the lads are playing well,"
he added. "They've got some great results apart from on
Tuesday and, as an attacking force, they've been fantastic. It's
good to be a part of it.
"I've been looking forward since the start of the season to be
back and now I am.
"That's what I've wanted and what I've worked hard for. So
now I'm trying to get in the starting eleven and stay there."
part with Slaven Bilic's high flyers after making his
first start of the season.
Andy Carroll was pleased to take a significant step in his return
to fitness as West Ham went down 2-1 to Leicester City in the
League Cup.
Slaven Bilic's in-form team were unable to follow up stunning
away Premier League victories at Arsenal, Liverpool and
Manchester City with victory at the King Power Stadium as
Andy King netted a last-gasp winner in extra time.
But the night was a success for Carroll, who played for more
than an hour on his first start since suffering a knee injury in
February.
The England striker told West Ham's official website: "Obviously
we’re disappointed with the result, but to get 60 minutes under
my belt was good.
"I didn't get on against Manchester City and only had two
minutes against Newcastle, so an hour is good and I feel
fantastic.
"I felt good before I went out there. I've been training well and
trying to get as fit as I can. I've been raring to start and was
itching to get on last week as well, so it was pleasing to start at
Leicester."
West Ham are riding high in third place in the Premier League
and Carroll is relishing further involvement as they look to build
on an encouraging start to life under Bilic.
"We're a great team at the minute and the lads are playing well,"
he added. "They've got some great results apart from on
Tuesday and, as an attacking force, they've been fantastic. It's
good to be a part of it.
"I've been looking forward since the start of the season to be
back and now I am.
"That's what I've wanted and what I've worked hard for. So
now I'm trying to get in the starting eleven and stay there."


No comments:
Post a Comment