Monday, 28 September 2015

Mourinho concerned by Chelsea performances


Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has acknowledged
that his side's disappointing form this season worries
him.

Jose Mourinho has admitted that he is concerned by Chelsea's
unimpressive start to the 2015-16 campaign.

The reigning champions have been struggling to find their best
form in the opening weeks of the new season and have collected
just eight points from their first seven fixtures.

Chelsea were held to a 2-2 draw by Newcastle United at the
weekend as their poor run of form continued and Mourinho was
not impressed by the display.

"I'm concerned. I don't understand and I don't accept some
individual performances," Mourinho was quoted as saying on
the official Chelsea website.

"I would have liked to make more changes than I did, but the
ones I did were enough to improve the team and get us a point.

"I didn't make changes at half-time because I didn't know which
substitutions to make – I wanted to make six. I was trying to
understand what was best for the team so I decided to wait."

Chelsea fought back in the second half against Newcastle to
salvage a draw after falling two goals behind and Mourinho is
confident they can beat any opponent if they can replicate that
performance.

"If we play like we did in the second half we can win every
match

"But if we play like we did in the first half we can lose every
match.

"I don't believe in both extremes. I don't believe we are always
going to play like we did in the first half or like we did in the
second half."

No comments:

Post a Comment