Friday, 22 May 2015

Arsenal Legend offers Liverpool Raheem Sterling advice


thierry-henry-sky-sports

Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry has given Liverpool player Raheem Sterling a piece of advise concerning his messy transfer saga with the Merseyside club.

Sterling who has refused to sign a new deal with Liverpool even after they offered him £130,000 per-week. The 20-year-old is believed to be set to hold showdown talks with the Merseyside outfit to discuss his future, with the England international’s contract set to expire in 2017.

And former Arsenal striker Henry feels that the north London club are monitoring proceedings at Anfield with a view to a potential summer bid for the player.

“The one thing I would say about Raheem Sterling is that we all know he’s a Londoner,” said Henry, speaking on Sky Sports.
“We all know that Arsenal want him from the way Arsene was talking yesterday.
“But there’s something I want to say about the lad. I think we all know that he’s been receiving some bad advice.

Henry went on to offer some advice to the England youngster and use his own career as an example.
Henry continued: “I went through the same thing. When I was young I had a problem with Real Madrid and Monaco, because some guys that were around me were putting stuff in my head.
“Mentally I wasn’t there anymore and wasn’t concentrating on anything and therefore it looked like I wasn’t going to have a good career and people were questioning me before I even started. Same thing with Raheem Sterling.

“To an extent you can blame the agent or advisor but you need to be a man about it also. You need to be able to say, ‘enough. you’re destroying my life, you’re destroying my career.’
“I would be more than happy to see him play for Arsenal but he’s still a Liverpool player.”

No comments:

Post a Comment