After leading Nigeria to Atlanta 1996 Olympic Games football medal win and silver finish at 2000 Nations Cup, Dutch coach, Jo Bonfrere says he is interested in returning as Super Eagles coach.
He spoke to Completesportsnigeria, SAB OSUJI from his base in the Netherlands.
Bonfrere also throws his weight behind NFF President, Amaju Pinnick’s declaration that it’s over for local coaches in the Super Eagles.
Bonfrere reiterates that Nigeria’s inability to surpass his achievement in 1996 was because the FA has been hiring ‘wrong’ coaches.
When asked about his interest on the Super Eagles Coaching job, He said "I'm interested of course, because I enjoyed working in Nigeria. it's because you have a whole lot of good players with technique, who love to work very hard and always want to play.
"The most important thing, as a foreign coach, I have to teach the players how to play good football. Certainly, I'm interested (in coming back to Nigeria as Super Eagles coach).
"Of course, I would like to go with Nigeria to the African Cup of Nations; I would like to go with the Super Eagles to the World Cup in Russia 2018".
He spoke to Completesportsnigeria, SAB OSUJI from his base in the Netherlands.
Bonfrere also throws his weight behind NFF President, Amaju Pinnick’s declaration that it’s over for local coaches in the Super Eagles.
Bonfrere reiterates that Nigeria’s inability to surpass his achievement in 1996 was because the FA has been hiring ‘wrong’ coaches.
When asked about his interest on the Super Eagles Coaching job, He said "I'm interested of course, because I enjoyed working in Nigeria. it's because you have a whole lot of good players with technique, who love to work very hard and always want to play.
"The most important thing, as a foreign coach, I have to teach the players how to play good football. Certainly, I'm interested (in coming back to Nigeria as Super Eagles coach).
"Of course, I would like to go with Nigeria to the African Cup of Nations; I would like to go with the Super Eagles to the World Cup in Russia 2018".


No comments:
Post a Comment