Thursday, 4 February 2016

Michael Okoyoh dreams of CAF victory with Warri Wolves


Warri Wolves forward Michael Okoyoh has spoken of his
desire to win the Caf Champions League ahead of their
participation in Africa’s premier club competition later this
month.

The playmaker has only just committed his future to the
club despite interests from other Nigeria top flight sides and
is anxious to win silverwares for the Seasiders with the Caf
Champions League trophy etched on his mind.

“I love Warri Wolves and it was not a difficult decision for me
at all when they offered me the contract as they have helped
me a lot with my development and I could not turn my back
on them,” Okoyoh told Goal.

“I want to win laurels with Warri Wolves and that was the
reason why I extended my contract.”

“My dream is to win the Caf Champions League in addition
to next season's Nigeria Professional Football League title
and that's one of the reasons why I decided to stay here.”

“I know it will be difficult but with proper preparation, the
team can definitely make it to the top with the kind of
players coming in this season."

“To play in the Caf Champions League and participate in the
Nigeria Professional Football League and Federation Cup
wouldn't be an easy task, but for me, I want to win the most
important trophies for this wonderful club and pray we make
it happen to make our fans happy."

Wolves are playing in the Caf Champions League
competition for the first time in their history and they will
begin their campaign against Prai Cruz of Sao Tome and
Principe next weekend.

Warri Wolves who finished second in the NPFL last season
will stage the first leg of their game against Prai Cruz at the
Warri City Stadium.

Should they get past the minnows as expected; the
Seasiders will play Sudanese side, Al Merriekh, in the next
round of the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment