Thursday, 7 January 2016

Gary Neville Relieved after first win with clean sheet


Valencia coach Gary Neville admitted he was relieved to see
his side hold out to keep a clean sheet in their 4-0 thrashing
of Granada.

Alvaro Negredo scored a hat-trick and Rodrigo also struck
at the Mestalla on Wednesday as Valencia cruised to victory
in the first leg of their Copa del Rey last-16 tie.

Neville having brought in goalkeeper Mat Ryan and defender

Ruben Vezo to join Aderlan Santos, Antonio Barragan and
Lucas Orban at the back and believes the shutout will boost
his players's confidence.

"We're solid," he said at the post-match press
conference. I'm happy with the clean sheet.

"At the end of the game, I was really desperate for us not to
concede a goal because I think that even though 4-0 is a
good result, you come off at 4-1 and that one goal can
sometimes take the edge off a performance.

"I was really happy that we got a clean sheet today and got
a zero against us. I was happy with the defence, they played
well against two very fast and quick strikers."

No comments:

Post a Comment