Photo credit:-: Google
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson is resigned to playing
in pain for the remainder of his career due to a chronic heel
injury.
Henderson has been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis – a
form of continuous heel pain – and has seen a number of
specialists regarding the problem, while he also broke a
metatarsal in his right foot earlier this season.
The Reds midfielder admits that he has grown tired of the
problem, and says that he must now simply manage the
pain instead of attempting to find a cure.
“It was unbearable every time I planted my foot it was like a
burning, stabbing, nerve pain,” he is quoted as saying by the
Telegraph.
“Even lying in bed there was pain in my foot. It is much
better now but there is always that question is it going to
come back?
“At times you do get down, especially with this type of
injury. With my metatarsal I knew exactly what kind of time
scale I'd be out for. You can really focus on each step and
what you need to do.
“But with my heel there isn't a time scale, there isn't really a
cure. I've been pretty down about it because we couldn't
find the answers. Now I'm at a point where I can function –
where I can train and start playing some part in games.
Hopefully I can continue like that and it will continue to get
better.
“I worried about it quite a lot. I'd go online trying to find
different things that maybe someone hadn't seen. It's not
that rare, a lot of people do get it. It's just a matter of time
before it gets back to normal.”
Jamie Carragher is another who has suffered with the
problem and Henderson admits that he has spoken with the
former Reds defender about the issue, which can keep
players out for between a week to a “few months”.
“I spoke to Carra briefly and we also spoke to quite a few
experts and doctors all over the world to try and nip it in the
bud,” said Henderson. “A lot of people say keep doing
cortisone injections and eventually it will probably just
rupture. That might be the relief that is needed.
“People have had a rupture before and been out for a few
months, others have been out a week or two and then they
are back. That is the problem with it, you don’t really know
what you are going to get with it but I just have to keep
going and see what happens.
“It’s hard not to be conscious of it. I don’t want it to come
back to the pain that it was before. I just need to forget
about that and concentrate on playing football.”


No comments:
Post a Comment