Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is jealous of his Molde players
who get to experience walking out at Celtic Park, for the
Europa League clash against Celtic.
Former Manchester United striker Solskjaer - now in charge
of Molde - performed at some of the biggest stadiums in
European football during his career but missed out on
playing at Parkhead.
Solskjaer, who was capped 67 times for Norway, will lead
the Group A leaders to Glasgow on Thursday and is
expecting an electric atmosphere.
"It is a fantastic place to play football and I am sure all the
boys are looking forward to it," he told reporters.
"I have only been here as a spectator before. I never had the
chance to walk out to the pitch so in one way I am very
envious of the players who will feel the atmosphere
tomorrow night.
"The atmosphere here could probably match the top clubs in
the world like Manchester United, Barcelona and Real
Madrid."
The 42-year-old, who played for United for over a decade,
revealed he always enjoyed playing at the Hoops' ground
and has fond memories of his previous trips.
"I was here with Roy Keane to watch a couple of games and
it is fantastic, it is like football should be," Solskjaer
continued.
"It was a Champions League game if I remember correctly -
they never asked for tickets from Roy, they just opened the
door so he could walk straight through.
"Celtic was always the team to go to when my team-mates
had testimonial games, Roy for example. There was a
fantastic atmosphere between the clubs and supporters and
it is one of the stadiums I wished I had played in."


No comments:
Post a Comment