Andre Villas-Boas says he will not consider staying on as
Zenit coach beyond this season despite his success.
Villas-Boas has been a big hit in Russia, with the 2-0 win at
Lyon on Wednesday night securing his side's progression to
the last 16 of the Champions League with two games to
spare.
Yet he revealed in September that this would be his last
campaign at the helm after turning down a contract
extension.
Zenit are the only side with a 100 per cent record in
Europe's premier competition, which was preserved by
Artyom Dzyuba's double in Wednesday's 2-0 win over Lyon.
But when asked if the strong performances could make him
reconsider his position, Villas-Boas revealed that being
away from his family is too difficult, but says he hopes to
help boost the club's stature.
The Portuguese boss told the club's official website: "At
different moments in different situations I get asked these
questions.
"I am very happy to be coach of the Zenit, but you know that
my family lives in Portugal, and it is not easy."
"I am particularly pleased that we have reached the next
round. It is important for the Zenith and Russia in the Uefa
coefficients
Zenit coach beyond this season despite his success.
Villas-Boas has been a big hit in Russia, with the 2-0 win at
Lyon on Wednesday night securing his side's progression to
the last 16 of the Champions League with two games to
spare.
Yet he revealed in September that this would be his last
campaign at the helm after turning down a contract
extension.
Zenit are the only side with a 100 per cent record in
Europe's premier competition, which was preserved by
Artyom Dzyuba's double in Wednesday's 2-0 win over Lyon.
But when asked if the strong performances could make him
reconsider his position, Villas-Boas revealed that being
away from his family is too difficult, but says he hopes to
help boost the club's stature.
The Portuguese boss told the club's official website: "At
different moments in different situations I get asked these
questions.
"I am very happy to be coach of the Zenit, but you know that
my family lives in Portugal, and it is not easy."
"I am particularly pleased that we have reached the next
round. It is important for the Zenith and Russia in the Uefa
coefficients


No comments:
Post a Comment