The Argentina captain is recovering well from injury
according to his club manager but his Spanish boss
will not put a date on his return to the Blaugrana
starting line up
Luis Enrique says Lionel Messi's recovery is proceeding as
expected but offered no update on when the
Barcelona forward is expected to return to action.
It was hoped the Argentina captain, who has been sidelined
with a knee injury since the end of September, will be fit to
face Real Madrid on November 21.
Reports in Spain over the weekend suggested Messi has
suffered a setback in his recovery and would miss the
Clasico against Real Madrid.
However, Luis Enrique appears to be unconcerned over the
progress of his star's rehabilitation.
"I have no news. He's recovering quite normally for a player
with that kind of inury," the head coach said on Tuesday.
"Every player has a different recovery process to go through
but as far as I'm aware he is progressing well, as any player
would."
Luis Enrique was then asked whether he felt Neymar had
embraced his role as a leader of the team in Messi's
absence, to which he responded: "This is a question I've not
been asked yet!
"When we have Messi we have certain resources we like to
exploit, but I always ask the players to do what they can
without relying on others."
according to his club manager but his Spanish boss
will not put a date on his return to the Blaugrana
starting line up
Luis Enrique says Lionel Messi's recovery is proceeding as
expected but offered no update on when the
Barcelona forward is expected to return to action.
It was hoped the Argentina captain, who has been sidelined
with a knee injury since the end of September, will be fit to
face Real Madrid on November 21.
Reports in Spain over the weekend suggested Messi has
suffered a setback in his recovery and would miss the
Clasico against Real Madrid.
However, Luis Enrique appears to be unconcerned over the
progress of his star's rehabilitation.
"I have no news. He's recovering quite normally for a player
with that kind of inury," the head coach said on Tuesday.
"Every player has a different recovery process to go through
but as far as I'm aware he is progressing well, as any player
would."
Luis Enrique was then asked whether he felt Neymar had
embraced his role as a leader of the team in Messi's
absence, to which he responded: "This is a question I've not
been asked yet!
"When we have Messi we have certain resources we like to
exploit, but I always ask the players to do what they can
without relying on others."


No comments:
Post a Comment