Thursday, 1 October 2015

360 Official:-: Anya signs new five-year Watford contract


Ikechi Anya has committed his future to Watford by
signing a new five-year contract.

Watford winger Ikechi Anya has signed a new five-year contract
with the Premier League side.

The Scotland international, 27, joined the club initially on loan
from Granada in 2012, which became a permanent deal at the
end of the season. He will now be tied to the club until 2020.

Anya was a regular throughout his first three seasons at
Vicarage Road and played 35 Championship games as they
gained promotion to the top flight last season.

He has played in all seven of Watford's matches in a positive
start to life in the Premier League under new coach Quique
Sanchez Flores.

"I've come a very long way," he said. "I'm very grateful to
Watford for this opportunity.

"To sign for five years with a Premier League club, I feel so
grateful and honoured and I’m hoping these next five years
could be some successful times for Watford."

Anya is expected to be back in action when Watford travel to
face AFC Bournemouth, another newly-promoted side, on
Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment