Saturday, 26 September 2015

Under-fire Rodgers aware of Ancelotti and Klopp links


Brendan Rodgers is aware that Carlo Ancelotti and
Jurgen Klopp are being linked with his job, but has
vowed not to walk away from Liverpool.

Under-fire Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is aware that Carlo
Ancelotti and Jurgen Klopp are being touted for his job, but has
insisted he will not resign.

Rodgers has come under increasing pressure in recent weeks
after a series of poor performances saw Liverpool take just two
points from their past four Premier League games.

Scraping past fourth-tier side Carlisle United on penalties in the
League Cup in midweek only added to the feeling of discontent
around Anfield, and media reports this week have suggested
that Ancelotti and Klopp have been sounded out about replacing
the Northern Irishman.

Speaking ahead of Saturday’s crucial home game against Aston
Villa, Rodgers acknowledged the speculation regarding Klopp
and Ancelotti and said he would "totally respect" the decision
should Liverpool's owners decide to sack him.

However, the former Swansea City boss said there is "no
chance" of him walking away.

"It happens through every level and in particular at this level you
know it goes on. You can never be too worried about
it," Rodgers replied when asked about the links to Ancelotti and
Klopp.

"What I’ll always do is give my best to the club and if they
decide they need to change, I’ll totally respect that.

"Because this is an incredible football club and all I want to do
is see it succeed. If it isn't with me, that'll be for other people to
decide.

"I know I've given everything. I'll walk away and hopefully I'll get
into another job where I'll get the chance to create something
special.

"But my focus is still very much on the now and making us the
best we possibly can be. Hopefully that will see me here for a
longer period.

"I want to be a manager and the target in my own mind is to get
to 1,000 games.

"I know to get that you’re looking at 20-odd years but I'm
realistic, I've got realism in my professional life, to know that I
might have another five or six jobs in order to that. I would love
it to be here but I'm a realist.

"Whilst I'm here, I'll always do the best I can. I'm never going to
walk away because I'll always have belief that I can improve
players and make things better."

No comments:

Post a Comment