The Reds boss is under pressure following a poor start to the season
having signed a raft of new players in the summer, but is not unduly
worried by press speculation
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers
says he is not especially concerned about speculation linking a number
of managers with his job, but acknowledges that the Reds must start
winning matches.
Rodgers has come under increasing pressure in
recent weeks following defeats to West Ham and Manchester United, as
well as last Sunday's 1-1 draw with Norwich City and a narrow penalty
shoot-out victory over League Two side Carlisle United in the League Cup
on Wednesday.
Jurgen Klopp, who left Borussia Dortmund in the
summer, and Carlo Ancelotti, sacked by Real Madrid at the end of last
season, are two of the high-profile names to have been linked with the
Anfield hotseat, but Rodgers insists that is a normal occurrence.
"When
you're manager of a club like this there's always going to be
speculation about your job, especially when you're not winning," he said
at a press conference ahead of Saturday's home game against Aston
Villa.
"I'm a much better manager [than when I arrived here three years ago], but I know I need to get results."
Rodgers also confirmed that Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren will all miss the Villa game through injury.
Firmino,
signed for close to £30 million this summer, "may have cracked
something in his back", according to Rodgers, as the club await an exact
diagnosis.


No comments:
Post a Comment