Friday, 25 September 2015

Premiership Defenders will be aggressive at me - Mahrez


Riyad Mahrez is prepared to deal with some aggressive
defending after his fine start to the season for
Leicester City.

Leicester City's Riyad Mahrez is expecting to be kicked by
Premier League defenders in his upcoming matches after
making a flying start to the season.

The Algeria winger, 24, has scored five goals in six league
matches to kick off the new campaign and his agent recently
played down reports linking him to Arsenal and Barcelona.

Mahrez insisted he has not been surprised by his early-season
form, but has been pleased to add goals to his game since
Claudio Ranieri's arrival.

He does, however, expect to be on the receiving end of more
aggressive defending now that his play has attracted so much
attention.

"It is more difficult for me now that they know me - they will
close a lot," he said to Sky Sports.

"So I have to be careful now, they will start to kick me, the
manager said to me as well. Last season I was like that as well
[performing well] but did not have the success, now this year I
have scored.

"The manager has given me a lot of responsibility and has given
me a lot of confidence. I am not surprised about what I can do.
I knew I could do things like this."

Mahrez will be in action when fourth-placed Leicester face
Arsenal on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment