Milan were beaten 1-0 by Genoa on Sunday and Sinisa
Mihajlovic says his players must show more passion in
their matches.
Milan head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic has called on his players to
show "more heart" after their 1-0 Serie A defeat to Genoa.
Blerim Dzemaili's deflected free-kick was enough for the home
side to claim maximum points on Sunday, though Milan created
a number of chances in the second half despite having seen
Alessio Romagnoli sent off prior to the break.
But Mihajlovic insists the Rossoneri must play with greater
passion in order to maximise their quality after watching a third
defeat in six league games so far this season.
"That's the reality. We do well for a time and unfortunately it's
not enough," he told Sky.
"We made too many mistakes and lost too many individual
battles, but we almost never gave up clear opportunities. Their
goal came from a dead ball but we didn't suffer from then on.
"We have to understand that, in these games, it's not enough for
Milan to have better quality players. We have to have more
heart than our opponents in order to bring out that quality.
"We'll analyse the defeat to find out what went well and then
prepare ourselves for the match against Napoli, a strong team
with many great forwards."
Italy head coach Antonio Conte was in the stands at the Stadio
Luigi Ferraris as Mario Balotelli delivered another encouraging
display in the second half, despite Milan being down to 10 men.
Speaking after the match, Milan CEO Adriano Galliani confirmed
Conte had spoken with Mihajlovic about the striker, who has
been tipped for an international recall.
"People should let Conte do his work and wait for the call-ups to
be announced," Galliani told Premium Sport.
"Conte did speak to Mihajlovic, so we'll see what happens.
"Balotelli is behaving wonderfully and over the last month has
been beyond reproach both on and off the pitch. It's true a
month isn't enough to judge things, but Mario is being super in
every way."
Mihajlovic says his players must show more passion in
their matches.
Milan head coach Sinisa Mihajlovic has called on his players to
show "more heart" after their 1-0 Serie A defeat to Genoa.
Blerim Dzemaili's deflected free-kick was enough for the home
side to claim maximum points on Sunday, though Milan created
a number of chances in the second half despite having seen
Alessio Romagnoli sent off prior to the break.
But Mihajlovic insists the Rossoneri must play with greater
passion in order to maximise their quality after watching a third
defeat in six league games so far this season.
"That's the reality. We do well for a time and unfortunately it's
not enough," he told Sky.
"We made too many mistakes and lost too many individual
battles, but we almost never gave up clear opportunities. Their
goal came from a dead ball but we didn't suffer from then on.
"We have to understand that, in these games, it's not enough for
Milan to have better quality players. We have to have more
heart than our opponents in order to bring out that quality.
"We'll analyse the defeat to find out what went well and then
prepare ourselves for the match against Napoli, a strong team
with many great forwards."
Italy head coach Antonio Conte was in the stands at the Stadio
Luigi Ferraris as Mario Balotelli delivered another encouraging
display in the second half, despite Milan being down to 10 men.
Speaking after the match, Milan CEO Adriano Galliani confirmed
Conte had spoken with Mihajlovic about the striker, who has
been tipped for an international recall.
"People should let Conte do his work and wait for the call-ups to
be announced," Galliani told Premium Sport.
"Conte did speak to Mihajlovic, so we'll see what happens.
"Balotelli is behaving wonderfully and over the last month has
been beyond reproach both on and off the pitch. It's true a
month isn't enough to judge things, but Mario is being super in
every way."


No comments:
Post a Comment