Silvio Berlusconi has no regrets that Milan signed
Mario Balotelli instead of Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the
close-season.
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi is pleased that the club signed
Mario Balotelli rather than Zlatan Ibrahimovic as he feels the
Paris Saint-Germain striker might be past his prime.
The Rossoneri were heavily linked with a move for Ibrahimovic
during the transfer window, but eventually missed out on the
Sweden international as PSG refused to sell.
They then brought in Balotelli from Liverpool on a one-year loan
deal instead and Berlusconi has no regrets over Milan's transfer
dealings.
"Ibra wanted to come to Milan, but they wouldn’t let him go,"
Berlusconi told the official Milan website.
"However we got Balotelli, who is younger. Ibra is like me and is
getting older.
"Balotelli didn’t get a pass wrong against Palermo and God
willing he really has changed, he appears to be more serious
and pensive.
"He made a series of runs and passes, linking up with the other
players. I hope he can keep this going in the future. I talk with
him on the phone from time to time and he seems calm, I think
he has reached the maturity stage in a player’s career.
"I can also see him playing behind the two strikers. Balo can
play in any of the three positions in attack."
Balotelli, 25, has yet to find the net since his return to Serie A,
but impressed during substitute appearances against Inter and
Palermo.
Mario Balotelli instead of Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the
close-season.
Milan president Silvio Berlusconi is pleased that the club signed
Mario Balotelli rather than Zlatan Ibrahimovic as he feels the
Paris Saint-Germain striker might be past his prime.
The Rossoneri were heavily linked with a move for Ibrahimovic
during the transfer window, but eventually missed out on the
Sweden international as PSG refused to sell.
They then brought in Balotelli from Liverpool on a one-year loan
deal instead and Berlusconi has no regrets over Milan's transfer
dealings.
"Ibra wanted to come to Milan, but they wouldn’t let him go,"
Berlusconi told the official Milan website.
"However we got Balotelli, who is younger. Ibra is like me and is
getting older.
"Balotelli didn’t get a pass wrong against Palermo and God
willing he really has changed, he appears to be more serious
and pensive.
"He made a series of runs and passes, linking up with the other
players. I hope he can keep this going in the future. I talk with
him on the phone from time to time and he seems calm, I think
he has reached the maturity stage in a player’s career.
"I can also see him playing behind the two strikers. Balo can
play in any of the three positions in attack."
Balotelli, 25, has yet to find the net since his return to Serie A,
but impressed during substitute appearances against Inter and
Palermo.


No comments:
Post a Comment