Saturday, 27 June 2015

"I dream of coaching Napoli or Italy"- Cannavaro


Fabio Cannavaro says it is "a dream" of his to coachNapoliand theItalynational team at some point in his career.

The World Cup-winning former defender broke through the Napoli youth system and spent three years in the first team before going on to enjoy a prosperous career at the likes of Parma, Juventus, Inter and Real Madrid.

Cannavaro experienced his first spell as a head coach in China, taking over Guangzhou Evergrande in November 2014 but was replaced at the helm of the club by Luiz Felipe Scolari in June.

However, the 41-year-old is looking to continue his career and hopes to take over at the helm at Napoli one day.

"Sure it's a dream to coach Napoli as well as the national team," he toldCorriere dello Sport. 

"You always have to dream big and think big.

"I will think about some offers and in the meantime I will keep developing as a coach.

 I will go to England, and maybe even see Maurizio Sarri at Napoli or Massimiliano Allegri at Juventus.

"Beyond studying, though, I think a coach should mainly have knowledge of football: 

if you do not know what to say to the players then you are not going anywhere."

The 2006 World Player of the Year discussed the upcoming Serie A campaign and believes that Juventus can win a fifth consecutive league title, butfeels Inter will be close behind them.

"I would say that Juventus is always the best team:

 I like Paulo Dybala, he may be the heir to Carlos Tevez, but for him, after Palermo, this will be the yearof truth.

"You have to wait for the real games: on paper the team is very strong, but this Inter team can be great.

"In theory they will be the challengers, They are building a strong team.

 Miranda, Geoffrey Kondogbia and some of the others are good, but we need to see how they adapt to Italian football and how Roberto Mancini sets them up.

"Napoli and Roma will be behind them. Roma are still working with the same coach, so I think they will be better.

"Cannavaro won the Uefa Cup in 1999 with Parma, but the once great team have been declared bankrupt and relegated to the fourth tier of Italian football.

"It's bad, really bad," he said of the club's situation.

"I'm sorry to see a club that I played with for seven years come to an end like this.

"Despite being very ugly, though, sometimes failure can be the solution and force the club to clean up. It could be like what happened with Napoli."



No comments:

Post a Comment