Ron Vlaarinsists he is yet to decide whether he will sign a new contract atAston Villaor look for a move elsewhere this summer.
The Netherlands international becomes a free agent on July 1 and is believed to be the subject of interestfrom a host of other Premier League clubs as he weighs up his options, with Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal said to be a long-time admirer.
Vlaar is adamant he has made no final decisions on his future, though he hints that he would like to remain in the Premier League.
"I don’t know it where my future lies," he told reporters.
"Even if I knew, I would not be able to tell you. But, the truth is that there is nothing going on right now.
No idea about renewing with Aston Villa, but the truth is that nothing is confirmed.
"The Premier League is a great competition and a great league.
I think it’s the toughest league in the world.
I don’t know if it is the best as I only know the Dutch and the English leagues.
"But there are a lot of challenges there for every player.
It’s great to play in the league. It made me a better player and it has certainly been good for me.
"Vlaar was also effusive in his praise for Van Gaal, under whose guidance he helped the Netherlands reach the semi-finals of the World Cup in Brazil last summer.
"He’s a tactically strong manager and really passionate," the 30-year-old added.
"He demands everything from us but also from himself.
It’s 100 per cent every day, but it’s also in a really good way.
"If you want to achieve anything you have to be dedicated, disciplined, everything.
The results help with the confidence but it’s a whole package."


No comments:
Post a Comment