Tuesday, 19 May 2015

I don't want to leave Chelsea on loan - Isaiah Brown


The 18-year-old insists he has no intention of leaving the club on a short-term basis in the summer, instead airing his desire to remain at Stamford Bridge with the senior squad.

Isaiah Brown insists he has no intention of leavingChelsea on loan next season, having forced his way into the first-team picture in 2014-15.

Brown made his senior debut for the Blues on Monday, as he played 11 minutes of the 3-0 defeat to his former club West Brom at the Hawthorns.

Chelsea currently have over 20 players out on loan – including the likes of Patrick Bamford, Christian Atsu and Tomas Kalas – but Brown says he would prefer to develop with the Blues next season, as opposed to joining a club on a short-term basis.

"It is a hard balance, but if you're training with the best players in the world and learning from the best manager in the world, what more can you ask for?" he told theLondon Evening Standard.

"That's maybe more development for me than going to play in the Championship.

"What happens next season all depends how pre-season goes. We will have a sit down and talk about it and see where my future is. But long-term, it is definitely at Chelsea."

Brown left West Brom in controversial circumstances in 2013 and was booed during his Blues bow, but he says he has no regrets over his move to Stamford Bridge, because he was a boyhood Blues fan.

"Some people don't understand, but ever since I was a kid I have been a Chelsea fan. I grew up watching Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Gianfranco Zola and I had videos of every season," he added.

"My dream was always to play for Chelsea so when the chance came, I couldn't say no. It had nothing to do with the money. I love Chelsea and I love playing for the club I supported."

No comments:

Post a Comment