Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane says he won't be
buying any players between now and the end of the January
transfer window.
The Santiago Bernabeu side sit four points adrift of leaders
Atletico Madrid and two behind Barcelona – who have a
game in hand – at the top of La Liga.
The two Madrid clubs have also been handed a transfer ban
by Fifa for breaking rules in relation to signing youth players.
The suspension will stop them from making signings for the
next two full windows, unless they are successful with an
appeal, but Zidane remains content with his squad.
"No, I don't think it is necessary to reinforce the squad," he
said at his pre-match media conference ahead of Sunday's
game at Real Betis.
"I am not going to look outside for what I already have
inside."
Zidane also admitted he has been angered by reports linking
James with a move to Manchester United, while insisting he
is keen to keep Nacho at the club.
“Yes [rumours] they annoy me. I’m interested in what we do
here and he [James] is very involved, very committed. I
don't believe what is being said about him.
"Nacho is not leaving. He is young, the future of the team,
he trained well with total normality and nothing more. He
won't leave.
"There are not three good centre backs, there are four -
Nacho also counts. It's better to have four like them than
four that are less strong. I prefer to choose between these
four and that is my responsibility, each week will be
different.
"We have 26 players. Every week there are 18 players called
and a starting 11. We will need everyone for sure."
buying any players between now and the end of the January
transfer window.
The Santiago Bernabeu side sit four points adrift of leaders
Atletico Madrid and two behind Barcelona – who have a
game in hand – at the top of La Liga.
The two Madrid clubs have also been handed a transfer ban
by Fifa for breaking rules in relation to signing youth players.
The suspension will stop them from making signings for the
next two full windows, unless they are successful with an
appeal, but Zidane remains content with his squad.
"No, I don't think it is necessary to reinforce the squad," he
said at his pre-match media conference ahead of Sunday's
game at Real Betis.
"I am not going to look outside for what I already have
inside."
Zidane also admitted he has been angered by reports linking
James with a move to Manchester United, while insisting he
is keen to keep Nacho at the club.
“Yes [rumours] they annoy me. I’m interested in what we do
here and he [James] is very involved, very committed. I
don't believe what is being said about him.
"Nacho is not leaving. He is young, the future of the team,
he trained well with total normality and nothing more. He
won't leave.
"There are not three good centre backs, there are four -
Nacho also counts. It's better to have four like them than
four that are less strong. I prefer to choose between these
four and that is my responsibility, each week will be
different.
"We have 26 players. Every week there are 18 players called
and a starting 11. We will need everyone for sure."


No comments:
Post a Comment