England drew Wales, Russia and Slovakia for the group
stages of Euro 2016.Photo: Filed.
England manager Roy Hodgson is wary of the threat Gareth
Bale will pose to his side at Euro 2016.
Wales were drawn against England in Group B of the
tournament and the pair will meet in Lens, France on June 16.
Russia and Slovakia were the other nations drawn in the group,
but Hodgson warned a Bale-led Wales will be England's biggest
threat.
"As far as I’m concerned let’s bring it on now and I only hope on
the night my team will perform at the level I hope they can
perform at," the 68-year-old said on Saturday.
"One of the things we will be concerned with will be stopping
Gareth Bale and limiting his chances but I would like to think we
have one or two players that will occupy Welsh minds in terms
of how we stop them.
"I’ve been very, very impressed with Wales. I think they have a
strong spine. I think Ashley Williams has done a magnificent job
at centre-half. They have a good goalkeeper in Wayne
Hennessey.
"And I think Chris Coleman has put a lot of players around those
that are complementing them well and make certain they can
get the best out of, in particular, Gareth Bale, who is a world
star."


No comments:
Post a Comment