Sunday, 6 December 2015

Bale: I'm not having a good season


Despite scoring for the second successive Liga match
in the 4-1 win over Getafe, Gareth Bale confessed he is
struggling for form this term.

Gareth Bale says he is not having a good season with Real
Madrid, but was pleased to score in the 4-1 La Liga win over
Getafe on Saturday.

The Welshman assisted Karim Benzema's second goal before
curling home a fine finish after being found by Cristiano
Ronaldo, with the trio all on target in the same game for the first
time since April.

Bale has missed five of Madrid's Liga fixtures this season and
feels it has stopped him mounting a good run of form, though he
enjoyed scoring for the second successive weekend.

"I'm not having a very good season. Injuries have prevented me
from having the rhythm I need to be at my best," he said.

"It's nice to score, but the important thing is putting in the work
for the team. The job of scoring goals is for the striker."

The 26-year-old insisted he has no issued with the coach or his
team-mates and enjoys a positive relationship with Cristiano
Ronaldo.

"I feel really comfortable with these players. I get along well
with Cristiano and [Rafael] Benitez," added Bale.

Madrid are third in La Liga, two points behind cross-city rivals
Atletico Madrid and four back from leaders Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment