Monday, 2 November 2015

Pulis charged following referee outburst


Tony Pulis' outburst at referee Anthony Taylor on
Saturday has landed the Welshman in hot water with
the Football Asssociation.

West Brom head coach Tony Pulis has been charged by the
Football Association (FA) with improper conduct following
comments made to referee Anthony Taylor after the defeat to
Leicester City.

Pulis' men were beaten 3-2 at the Hawthorns, with the West
Brom boss angered by the lack of penalty awards for two
incidents involving Jonny Evans and Darren Fletcher.

Leicester's second goal from Riyad Mahrez also attracted
controversy due to an apparent offside in the build-up, with
Pulis acknowledging afterwards: "I've had a little bit of a go in
the tunnel with [Taylor]."

And the FA have now charged the former Stoke City boss
with improper conduct due to the language and behaviour used
in the tunnel.

Pulis has until Thursday to respond to the charge.

The 57-year-old was clearly frustrated in Saturday's post-
match news conference, explaining: "We are really disappointed
with the two penalty decisions. Jonny Evans' was one but
Fletcher's looked absolutely stone wall. I think everyone would
say that was a penalty.

"With the Evans one, the ref was only a few yards away. I don't
know why it wasn't given. But I can't take anything away from
Leicester, they played well.

"They say the second goal is offside as well - that was wrong,
so decisions that could have helped us today didn't get with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment