Monday, 2 November 2015

Klopp happy to give players chances


Jurgen Klopp sees no reason to make multiple signings
at Liverpool, willing to give his players an opportunity.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp insists he will give his squad a
chance before he considers new signings.

The German has been linked with moves for several players
since he took over at Anfield in October, including with
numerous from his former club Borussia Dortmund.

But Klopp, who guided his team to a 3-1 win at Chelsea on
Saturday, said he would gauge where his squad was at before
thinking about bringing in new players.

"I can't believe that England is so impatient. It is much more
difficult," he said.

"I have been here three weeks. Everyone tells me, 'You want to
buy this player, this player, this player'.

"But development is to work with the players you have. It's like
if you have a problem with your wife, you don't want to change
every day."

Klopp's men rose to eighth in the table after their victory at
Stamford Bridge, where Philippe Coutinho returned to form with
a brace.

The Brazilian's form had been questioned but Klopp said the 23-
year-old's response was strong.

"I love this player. Who can't love Phil Coutinho?" he said.

"I don't expect all day perfection. I expect you to work to get
better every day.

"That is how we make the next steps. I'm not interested in what
happened before.

"I've spoken to Phil, but my job is to help him, not to say what
he is not doing good.

"He knows the last three games were not perfect, but he needs
the games. He needs the experience in games to feel what is
good and what is wrong. This is the perfect example. The start
was not good, but we came back."

No comments:

Post a Comment