Felipe Melo has insisted he did not leave Galatasaray for
Inter for financial reasons, claiming that he earned twice as
much at the Turkish giants as he makes at the Serie A club.
The Brazilian midfielder enjoyed a successful spell with the
Istanbul side between 2011 and 2015, winning three Super
Lig titles.
Nevertheless, he opted to return to Italy ahead of the
2015-16 campaign as he felt he needed a new challenge.
"I felt that a cycle had come to an end. I said that I wanted
to make history and win trophies when I joined Galatasaray.
I did just that. We won a lot and I feel my time at the club
ended in the best way possible," the 32-year-old told Trt
Spor.
"It is a lie that I left Galatasaray for the money. I am not
even making half as much money at Inter as I made in
Turkey.
"I have already said before that the reason behind my
departure was that I needed a new challenge."
Inter for financial reasons, claiming that he earned twice as
much at the Turkish giants as he makes at the Serie A club.
The Brazilian midfielder enjoyed a successful spell with the
Istanbul side between 2011 and 2015, winning three Super
Lig titles.
Nevertheless, he opted to return to Italy ahead of the
2015-16 campaign as he felt he needed a new challenge.
"I felt that a cycle had come to an end. I said that I wanted
to make history and win trophies when I joined Galatasaray.
I did just that. We won a lot and I feel my time at the club
ended in the best way possible," the 32-year-old told Trt
Spor.
"It is a lie that I left Galatasaray for the money. I am not
even making half as much money at Inter as I made in
Turkey.
"I have already said before that the reason behind my
departure was that I needed a new challenge."


No comments:
Post a Comment