Wednesday, 4 November 2015

EUROPA- Sarri: Europa League as important as Serie A for Napoli


Maurizio Sarri will not prioritise Serie A over the
Europa League, insisting the competitions are equally
important to Napoli.

Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri holds the Europa League in the
same high regard as Serie A.

The Naples side sit top of Group D with three wins from as
many fixtures and victory over Midtjylland on Thursday would
secure a place in the knockout round.

An impressive start to Serie A also sees Napoli just two points
off leaders Fiorentina, but the coach is adamant he will not
prioritise one competition over the other.

Instead, he wants to tighten their grip on pole position by
beating the second-placed Danish side and get a better draw in
the round of 32.

"For us, the Europa League is as important as Serie A," Sarri
said.

"We want to win and close the discussion around qualification.
"I especially appreciate the Europa League. I think it's a very
important competition which we value.

"The goal is not only to qualify, but also to finish first in the
group and get a better draw."

The 56-year-old admitted he may make some changes in order
to combat fatigue in the squad, but believes any replacements
will be up to the task.

"I'll put the best team on the pitch for that objective, taking
fatigue into account but without upsetting the balance of the
team," Sarri said.

"There will be some changes, but not excessive. I need to rest
those who played more, but I have good alternatives that can
maintain the integrity of the philosophy of play and the
character of the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment