Denis Cheryshev has admitted he wants more playing
time, but does not regret his decision to stay at Real
Madrid.
Real Madrid attacker Denis Cheryshev has insisted he does not
have any regrets over his decision to stay at Estadio Santiago
Bernabeu.
The 24-year-old reportedly attracted the interest of several clubs
during the off-season after impressing on loan at Villarreal in
2014-15, but opted to fight for his place at Madrid rather than
continue his career elsewhere.
Cheryshev has been struggling to secure regular first-term
football this term and his apparently frosty relationship with
head coach Rafael Benitez has not helped his situation either.
"Everything you do is for the best. That's what happened and I
have nothing to regret," the Russia international was quoted as
saying by Marca.
"There are no conflicts, but it's true that there isn't much
communication with Benitez.
"I'm in good spirits. Of course, I want to play more, but it's not
an easy situation.
"I need to stay strong and keep my chin up."
Cheryshev has made just two appearances in La Liga so far this
campaign, while also coming on twice as a substitute in the
Champions League.
time, but does not regret his decision to stay at Real
Madrid.
Real Madrid attacker Denis Cheryshev has insisted he does not
have any regrets over his decision to stay at Estadio Santiago
Bernabeu.
The 24-year-old reportedly attracted the interest of several clubs
during the off-season after impressing on loan at Villarreal in
2014-15, but opted to fight for his place at Madrid rather than
continue his career elsewhere.
Cheryshev has been struggling to secure regular first-term
football this term and his apparently frosty relationship with
head coach Rafael Benitez has not helped his situation either.
"Everything you do is for the best. That's what happened and I
have nothing to regret," the Russia international was quoted as
saying by Marca.
"There are no conflicts, but it's true that there isn't much
communication with Benitez.
"I'm in good spirits. Of course, I want to play more, but it's not
an easy situation.
"I need to stay strong and keep my chin up."
Cheryshev has made just two appearances in La Liga so far this
campaign, while also coming on twice as a substitute in the
Champions League.


No comments:
Post a Comment