The 45-year-old was roundly criticised earlier season but Lionel Messi's goal against Atletico Madrid on Sunday saw Barcelona clinch the Spanish crown.
The former Celta Vigo coach was heavily criticised earlier in the season, particularly when he left Lionel Messi on the bench for January's loss at Real Sociedad.
The Argentine went on to score the title-clinching goal against Atletico Madrid on Sunday and though there is still speculation over his future, the former Barca and Real Madrid midfielder does not think he has sent a message to his employers.
"It's not about redemption," the Asturian said after the game. "There's no chance that a coach of a big team won't get criticised. It's something we already knew about, it's part of the job.
"I have nothing to say about my future until the end of the season."
The 45-year-old congratulated his players on the victory but warned them that celebrations cannot last too long, with the Champions League and Copa del Rey finals to come.
"I want to congratulate them. It's a nice job because you have the opportunity to bring happiness to many Catalans.
I hope it's the beginning of the cycle. The message is to enjoy this season. Those who did onot participate are important too.
"I started this journey 10 months ago, with the club in a special situation. We made many changes. I've tried to do my best. There are still two titles before we know what grade we get.
"La Liga is the trophy of regularity. Real Madrid have been at a high level and we are pleased to win the title.
"The club will tell us how we can celebrate. We will rest for a couple of days then think about the Copa del Rey final, a very special game."

No comments:
Post a Comment