FOR MUSIC AND VIDEO ONLINE PROMOTION ADD:24D8750B
Bayern Munich defender Holger Badstuber has been ruled out for up to four months with a torn thigh muscle, the club have confirmed.
The 26-year-old's career has been blighted by injuries, with him missing nearly 600 days of action between 2012 and 2014 following multiple anterior cruciate ligament problems.
"I am very disappointed, but nevertheless I am positive and will come back healthy," he said in a statement on Thursday.
"I know what FC Bayern has done for me and I will come back as an important part of the team."
The club's CEO, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: "I am so sorry for Holger. He worked so hard for his comeback - and now this. But we know Holger is a fighter."
Bayern have already been hit by a crippling injury list, which has left the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Bastian Schweinsteiger on the sidelines, along with a host of other first-team players.
Such has been the extent of their problems, club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt and his medical team resigned following the 3-1 defeat to Porto in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.
He claimed him and his staff had been made responsible for the defeat by coach Pep Guardiola after Dante came off with an injury during the first half of that game - accusations the Spaniard has strenuously denied.
Bayern ultimately recovered by winning the second leg 6-1 on Tuesday to book their place in the semi-finals but remain without several of their key men ahead of the season's closing stages.
The club's injury woes have continued after the defender was ruled out for the rest of the season with a torn thigh muscle.
The 26-year-old's career has been blighted by injuries, with him missing nearly 600 days of action between 2012 and 2014 following multiple anterior cruciate ligament problems.
"I am very disappointed, but nevertheless I am positive and will come back healthy," he said in a statement on Thursday.
"I know what FC Bayern has done for me and I will come back as an important part of the team."
The club's CEO, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge added: "I am so sorry for Holger. He worked so hard for his comeback - and now this. But we know Holger is a fighter."
Bayern have already been hit by a crippling injury list, which has left the likes of Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery and Bastian Schweinsteiger on the sidelines, along with a host of other first-team players.
Such has been the extent of their problems, club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt and his medical team resigned following the 3-1 defeat to Porto in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.
He claimed him and his staff had been made responsible for the defeat by coach Pep Guardiola after Dante came off with an injury during the first half of that game - accusations the Spaniard has strenuously denied.
Bayern ultimately recovered by winning the second leg 6-1 on Tuesday to book their place in the semi-finals but remain without several of their key men ahead of the season's closing stages.

No comments:
Post a Comment